Did you have warning signs before labor?

I am 39 weeks tomorrow and due in 8 days. I am not progressed at all. This is my first child. Altho my doctor says this is normal I am afraid of being induced or worse having a C-section. I want my son to pick his own birthday. I know I have a lil bit more time to go but I cant help but think about when is it going to happen for me altho i'm not dialated or anything! Some women told me they didn't have any signs at all then BAM! their water breaks. Did You have any warning signs before you went into labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• bloody show and cramping told me with the first one, cramping told me on the second one and my water broke on the third one so I went in and they induced.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:20 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I was dilated to "maybe a 1" and not effaced at all at my doctor appointment at 39 weeks 3 days, on a Wednesday morning. Friday morning, I lost my plug. Friday night, I started having some mild, irregular contractions that went away before I went to bed. All day Saturday I had major bloody show. Saturday night at 9:00 contractions started 5 minutes apart, by 10:00 they were 2 minutes apart and by the time we got to the hospital I was at 3 cm, and I had the baby at 5:30 Sunday morning (on my due date). So no progression before labor doesn't mean a darn thing. I understand the worry, though; this was a VBAC for me, so the doctor kept saying how things needed to get going or I'd need another C-section, etc. Just hang in there, it'll happen, and it can happen any time no matter how much "progress" you're showing. :-)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:04 PM on Jul. 16, 2009