question about tattoos

I'm about to get a tattoo for the first time and I'm curious to what it feels like?

Patty414

Asked by Patty414 at 12:03 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Its feels like a needle dragging in your arm. But the amount of pain, depends on the area you get it in. It wasn't that bad for me, got one on my arm.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 12:04 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• To me it felt pretty much like someone writing on your skin with a ballpoint pen and just using too much pressure. It stings at first, then after a few minutes your endorphins kick in and it doesn't hurt. (So I think, it does depend on your pain tolerance and where your tattoo is. Anything right on the bone hurts a lot more than getting one over muscle.)
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:08 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• For me, it was like a needle being dragged through my skin. For my friend, it tickles. She actually fell asleep while they did one of her tattoos. She has like 15 now.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:19 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• It dont hurt I have 3 where you getting it I can tell you if you get it in a place you shave it won't hurt much I used to work at a tattoo shop
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 12:32 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I have 10, the amount of pain depends on where you are getting it. The closer to the bone and less fatty tissue, the more pain. To me, it stings. It isn't like some unbearable pain, it is a stinging sensation. While you are getting the tattoo, just keep thinking about how awesome it is going to look when it is done!
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 1:46 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Um...I don't think it feels like anything...it's like writing on yourself over and over. Then again I have a high pain tolerance.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 4:44 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I have one on my arm and didn't even feel it. The worst part was the outline and even that was nothing more than a little prick here and there.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 7:21 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• ^^ yeah the outline on my ankle burned a little. The squishy part of my wrist, like in the middle of it, burned a little as well. It wasn't like an "OH GAWD I'M OF FIRE" burn, more like getting an Indian brush burn.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 11:35 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• My tattoo felt more like someone scratching where I had a sunburn. The artist told me, and it worked, if you tense up it draws the needle deeper into the skin and causes more pain. It's not too back - unless you get a tat over a bone area. My son (who is a skinny-minnie) had a back tat, that goes from his neck line to just about his waistline, and a LOT of the ink is on the bone down the center of his back - it almost made him sick to his stomach. But he got through it. Actually did it all in one sitting - even the artists were impressed with that. I would say the whole process was like a burning, scratching itch.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:37 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Honestly, I remember more what it feels like to get blood taken then getting a tattoo. And I have three. Including one on my ribs. So.. I guess it doesn't hurt THAT bad.
    melfre

Answer by melfre at 11:33 PM on Jul. 17, 2009