My step-sister is 37 weeks & can't get baby to move now. ER Is best option, right?

She has a history of high-blood pressure with this pregnancy, & is home somewhere she has no access to a phone. She hasn't been able to get him to move since 2am & they were considering inducing her on Monday. She has layed on her side, drank juice, showered, & layed perfectly still for over an hour, & still nothing. I know baby movement slows down toward the end, but this is scary not moving. I'm fixing to take her to the ER bc her dr office isn't calling back. Please tell me I'm not being paranoid?

wiifeyxmaterial

Asked by wiifeyxmaterial at 12:08 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• take her to labor and delivery
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• If it were me...I'd be running...waddling... out the door...I'm mean if she goes and there's nothing wrong then she has reassurance of everything being okay...but what if something IS wrong and she doesn't go? Good Luck ... I hope all is well!
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 12:14 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• thank you. i didn't want to over-react, but i'm pretty much to the point i don't care. she is just getting worked up & bet her BP is going to go up too.
    wiifeyxmaterial

Answer by wiifeyxmaterial at 12:14 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• call labor and delivery before you take her anywhere

Answer by admckenzie at 12:18 PM on Jul. 16, 2009