I'm worried about you. ???

When you say "I'm worried about you" to someone, exactly WHAT do you mean? What is the result you wish to get when you say that? What do you think it does when you say that?

*I put this under "Relationships" since this is between people in relationships. Wasn't sure where else to put it because it's not for fun. =)

firenicecream

Asked by firenicecream at 12:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• It would depend on the situation. For instance if someone is acting depressed, unusually so maybe, then I'd say that to a friend because I'm concerned and would want them to know that I care about them enough to express my concern. If they are in a bad relationship, same thing. As a friend, I'd want them to know that I care about them and am worried about them. And that if they ever need someone, I am that person. As for what it does when I say that to someone, I would imagine it would at least make them think, and give them peace of mind knowing that someone is concerned. Sometimes that's all a person needs, is knowing that someone is there.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 12:19 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• It could be genuine concern about a person's welfare or it could be a joke like "I think you are nuts". When ppl did "crazy" things back in the day they would say that meaning they worried that you had issues that went deeper than normal.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:31 PM on Jul. 16, 2009