how do I get mice and coons out of my house

jean1957

Asked by jean1957 at 12:14 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Get a cat from a farm...seriously! I had the same problem and went to farm, looked at the kittens they had to give away. I picked 2. They were great with the kids and every morning I had mouse tails everywhere. Gross I know but a cat eats the entire mouse except the tail....you also need to check the base/ foundation and attic for holes and seal them up. They can only be coming in through holes or cracks. Mice are a bigger problem because they breed a new litter every 45 days.
    Also put traps under the sinks and trap them until you stop trapping them. Before I got the cat I was trapping 6 to 10 mice a day under the kitchen sink!! yeah it was bad!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:11 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I will continue on previous answer. When you do find holes where mice can get in use steel wool to fill the holes as well. The lil boogers won't bother it a bit. You can also set out lttle tins (pot pie pans) with 7-UP. The sweet attracts them and the carbonation will bloat them up. They cannot belch. Also, I have purchased a product, which I have found awesome. It's called Boot Hill. It's a parafin based block or bar you can put under or behind appliances, furniture also vehicles out side. I use it in the barns, quansets, home and farm equipement. ALL rodents like this, including coons. The parafin in them also gives them the sensaion of suffocating and they actually come out in the open to die. No more hide-n-go seek for the deceased.
    auntj

Answer by auntj at 11:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• call a pest removal company. We had squirrels in our attic.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:37 AM on Jul. 17, 2009