31 weeks

im 31 weeks and 2 days and i find it harder to breath, what can i do ? also i have panic attacks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I know that for some people the baby sits alot higher and can compress your lungs more, causing you to have a harder time breathing. They say once you get closer to labor, and the baby drops, it will be alot easier for you to breath. Not sure on the panic attacks. Sorry.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 12:29 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• if the baby is sitting higher it can make it hard to breath, i had a really hard time with my first the had to enduce me because i couldnt breath it was that bad. if you have a past problem with breathing i would talk to your doc. asap, but alot of people have problems with the breathing. i would still talk to your doctor if you are really worried. as for the panic attacks i wouldtalk to your doc. about that too. but when you have them try focusing on other thing around you.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 12:49 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• years ago i had panic attacks- they suck for sure!
    you are not alone=people have them and can control them

the attacks are real and do have a physical effect on you
    but you are more powerful than the attacks

at the first sign of one starting
    say to yourself
    "oh, this is a panic attack"
    sounds stupid, but identifing it helps
    remember when it is happening that they to go away and you are always fine after them
    remembering this reduces their power over you
    it takes a little bit of time and some thinking of you against "them"
    you can do it

years ago i was on meds for 6 months, it really only made me foggy and drunk feeling
    i had to learn how to deal with them
    so i know that they are a real thing with physical effects
    but you can control them and rid yourself of them

do NOT listen to people who make you feel bad about it, they just are uninformed

h
    Anonymous

• I am having the SAME exact problem with breathing. I am just 30 weeks and 1 day pregnant but I can no longer sit or lay down without having my chest hurt. and having to catch my breath The only thing that has helped me is to get up and walk around the house for a few minutes. But sometimes that doesnt even help. I was told by all of my friends that once the baby drops I will be relieved. But, I recently found out that not all babies will drop. Im not due for another 69 days and hope like heck I go somewhat early because I just CANT breathe. I wish you luck!!!!
    DueOnSept23

Answer by DueOnSept23 at 1:04 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• you can not focus on things around you when you are having an attack

focus on the attack.....remember that you ALWAYS have made ot through before and you will make it through this one too.
    when you know that you always make it through
    they will get shorter and less strong
    Anonymous