dizzieness, lightheadedness, and fainting?

the past couple of days i have been getting really dizzy and lightheaded, i have even passed out for just a short time. i just found out that i am pregnant, i am 11weeks, since i just found out i have not started to recive medicaid yet, so i cant call my doctor and talk to him. should i go to the hospital or wait till my medicaid kicks in and go to the doctor? and has anyone else had this problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I dont see why you couldnt just call and ask your doctor even if you dont have insurance unless he wants you to come in. Ask him what you should do such as any remedies. Your spells might be to lack of eating remember you are eating for two now. The first two -three months are always horrible. Do you get sick at night? or is this morning sickness?If its at night turn the lights down or off , this works and if its in the morning get out of bed slowly , use the bathroom and get something dry if your not a breakfast eater try a pop tart or a few crackers. Hopefully that is all it is the first few months jitters that you cant escape. If it worsen I would go to the ER. But if your not bleeding I think there is no need to worry.
    mpoohdinky04

Answer by mpoohdinky04 at 12:48 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• The dizziness and lightheadedness are both common side effects of pregnancy. The fainting? Mmm...not so much. If it has only happened that one time than I wouldn't worry. Maybe you stood up too quickly or your blood pressure/sugar dropped suddenly without warning. If you start to feel dizzy again or feel that you are going to pass out, sit down and put your head between your legs. If you DO faint again...you need to call your doctor because it could be a sign of a more serious problem.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:52 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• well i have been fainted for over a year now once while pregnant chances are your BP is low and your dehydrated so drink alot of water and gatoraid and when your medicaid kicks in tell your doctor about it i fainted when i was around 10wks and went to the hospital they didnt seem to really think the baby was in any danger and didnt worry about that they just gave me fluids and sent me on my way
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 12:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• First of all, if you dont want to pay out of pocket without getting your application approved, get all your medicaid paperwork done. I dont have it so I dont know what all you have to do. The first trimester all you really have to do is take your prenatal vitamins and DHA supplement. I bought mine at Walmart (Spring Valley 1 Per Day Dose Prenantal Vitamins) and my DHA is from there too (Expecta Lipil). When I first saw my doctor, I was 12 weeks. I didn't know I was pregnant until I went in because my boobs were sore and she gave me a blood test and turned out positive and I was given an u/s that baby measured 12 weeks. She told me to get prenatals and DHA and that's it. The next month she checked vitals, told me if I have any bleeding or anything out of ordinary and that's it. Nothing major. So get all your stuff done and then go to doctor.
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 12:57 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Sounds like low blood pressure to me, but please don't take my word for it. I had a lot of problems with this in the beginning, still do now but I've figured out the signs and have to work hard to eat and drink like I should to keep my bp up. If I miss a meal (or some days even when I eat like I should) I get dizzy, light headed, nausuas, throbbing head, very weak, and will pass out if I don't sit down and eat. I've started keeping crackers on hand for these just in case times.

Medicaid usually pays for 3 or so months before it goes into effect doesn't it?? I've never had it but I've been told that. Check into it, and maybe you can go ahead and see a dr now before it is approved. Good luck momma!
    nattabugsmommy

Answer by nattabugsmommy at 3:43 PM on Jul. 16, 2009