Do you ever think "If my kids are like I was, I'll kill them!"?

Is there anything that you hope they don't follow in your path with that you did when you were younger? Or is there a certain flaw you had that caused you more bad than good you hope they don't have?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• For me it is the opposite. I hope they are like me. It's very frustrating for me when they are not. Its hard for me to comprehend.

Anonymous

• There are definitely mistakes that I made that I hope they will avoid, but I just hope they are able to be honest with me about what is going on. My parents were very strict and I hid a lot from them because I had the feeling they would kill me if they found out. I think it was more dangerous that I was in those situations and no one had a clue...
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:53 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• My hubby and I were both little jerks as teenagers. Drinking, drugs, parties, sex. Everything you could possibly NOT want your teenager to do, we did. Everytime someone mentions the phrase "I hope you get one just like you" we just look at eachother and wonder "which one will it be?" lol We know we've got some serious Karma coming to us. We just haven't figured out which kid it's gonna be.
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 1:36 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• LOL I just told my daughter last night, I'll kill you if you attempt some of the things I did. But, I would not be the parent I am today without some of the things I went thru. She's going to have to make some choices, and not all of them will be good, I know. All I can do is hope we put the right answers somewhere in her.
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 2:02 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• My dd is not like me. She is so completely different. She is smarter,taller and has more friends in our community. I was a frieghtened introvert as a kid. When I do see a trait or two like mine I do get nervous sometimes. I wish she were more like me in the compassion department sometimes she is a bit snotty.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Jul. 18, 2009