Baby has a slight temp but no other obvious symptoms??

hey moms! before my dd (13 months+) went to sleep last night i noticed she felt warmer than usual.. i gave her a little tylenol just in case something was up... she slept normally; when she woke up this morning however she felt even warmer. i checked her temp, (99.4), not too bad, but it is warmer than usual. she's behaving normally, she isn't cranky, not lethargic (which is how she was when she had her first fever a few months ago)... she had her shots over 2 weeks ago.. so i doubt that could be the cause of it, but i could be wrong. so, i fed her breakfast, and gave her a little tylenol this morning (in hopes of bringing her temp back down to normal).

everything about her seems normal? she isn't a big "crier" either... only cries if something is seriously bothering her(like she's hungry), or she's in pain. idk what to make of this one..

any ideas?

P.S. Our A/C's on... it's nice and cool.. so it can't be cuz it's too hot?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• *****UPDATE*******

well after my dd's nap, her temp shot up to 103.2.. i checked twice to make sure..

tried to feed her, gave tylenol, gave her a quick bath, called pedi, they said she needed to be taken to ER.. her temp had gone down.. i suppose because of the tylenol. after they checked her out, we discovered she has an ear infection!

-___- i wish my dd would show more signs something was wrong.. it must not have really bothered her... she isn't off balanced when she walks and doesn't tug at her ear or anything... well i'm glad we figured it out. she is on antibiotics/tylenol/motrin!

thanks moms for all the help!

-OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Is she cutting her one year molars?
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:51 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• First question that came to mind is Does she have all her teeth? If no sounds like she is getting a tooth maybe if you noticed a slight runny nose. IF not I would say buy some motrin if you dont have any and switch off. The first hour give her motrin the next 4-6 tylenol then motrin etc. This is what hospitals do...I am a nurse so if you took her there that is probably all they would do if she doesnt she really sick. Hope this helps.
    mpoohdinky04

Answer by mpoohdinky04 at 12:52 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• could be cutting teeth, or she could have a virus. If shes not in pain, I wouldn't give her anything.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:53 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• With a mild temp and no other symptoms, it's probably nothing to worry about. That happened to my son a few weeks ago, and the nurse I spoke to said it might be teething and it wasn't anything to worry about unless it got really high or lasted for more than a couple of days. I'd say the same probably applies to you.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:21 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I'd ride it out for a bit as long as no other symptoms show up. My pediatrician told us you don't need to do much about a fever as long as there are no other problems (i.e. not eating, lethargic, not sleeping, etc). If she isn't better in a day or two or gets worse, call the dr's office.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 16, 2009