Was any moms able to get your baby to take breastmilk from a sippy cup?

I want to do this after my daughter turns one in september. any one successful in doing this?

bluerose26

Asked by bluerose26 at 12:51 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• why do you want to do this? are you doing extended breastfeeding?
    lilysmommy23

Answer by lilysmommy23 at 2:46 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• so i can get a job, help pay bills and kids aren't cheap.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 3:03 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Yep. Started early with that. You can start NOW.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:50 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• My son chucked the bottle at my hubby, hes a SAHD, at about 10 months and reached for the sippy he had juice in, and signed milk...hubby poured the milk in the sippy and he drank it that way from then on...yeah it was Breastmilk, I pumped while I worked til 19.5 months. He loved the straw sippy by Nuby.

Good luck and good for you for continuing to give the best milk possible!
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 11:52 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• actually with my first born, I had a lot of breast feeding problems with but I feared if he had a bottle he would end up preferring it over me, so I pumped in those early weeks and cup fed him. we did get the problem taken care of and I am very glad to have nursed him past my goal of two years old.
    Imamom4sure

Answer by Imamom4sure at 2:22 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• My baby refuses to drink my milk from anything else but me. He will only take water, or unsweetened "herbal" teas (ex. chammomile, lavender) from a cup. He refuses juice also.
    Panya81

Answer by Panya81 at 4:46 PM on Sep. 25, 2009