Creative ways to buy Back to School clothes?

My daughter is 15, going into 10th grade. She really wants some nice clothes for school. She understands it can't ALL be name brand but is really wanting a few shirts from places like Hollister/Abercrombie/etc. I can't afford it, and she's being really understanding. BUT, I want to get her something nice, at least a few things.... suggestions?

(DO NOT SEND ME WORK AT HOME LINKS)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Is there a second hand shop near you like Plato's Closet? My sister use to shop there for all of her name brand clothing. They all looked brand new or in decent condition and they have some great deals.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:59 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Goodwill that stuff, go get tie stuff and do it your self, look at the thrift shops they have those clothes for more than half that.. I bought a AERO shirt with nasty pit stains last week, went to Hobby Lobby bought the tiedye pant and that shirt looks awesome.. dont waist money on new when you can get it at a second had store for so cheap.. yard sale it up.. now is the time i bought my son REALLY nice jeans for school 12 pairs and i spent 5 bucks, and we are talking childerns place, levis, tommy, tony hawk..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 1:09 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Yeah second hand stores have a lot of nice stuff! ALSOOOOOOOO... We have this place in town called susies deals and everything is 5 dollars... but its all name brand stuff. Its like excess stuff from big name retailers. Ive found shirts there from hot topic and macys... or even a Factory 2u is the same kinda store
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 1:10 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• You should see if you have any of these stores near you or something similar
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 1:11 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Another stor that has cute cloths that she might like is a place called rave. Your mall might have it. But thats where i used to shop all the time. Or there is another store that has cute stuff is pa paya. not sure if i spelt it right but its something like that. Or try the outlet malls. That usually has alot of sales and its alot cheeper. But im not sure if they have tose stors at the outlet malls. Good luck and your lucky to have your DD being so understanding! I was never like that when i was her age. See if she could get a part time job for the summer and let her get some of the stuff you cant get her or have her contribute to it. Just some ideas. =)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:40 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I find all kinds of name brand stuff at Ross & Marshalls. Good Luck
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 2:40 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I second the vote for Plato's Closet (also Crossroads Trading).

Loehmann's is a great place to get high end department store brands for way less.

Abercrombie does have outlet stores, if you are anywhere near Aurora, IL; there is one there.

Filene's Basement ususally has a good selection of American Eagle

Answer by rkoloms at 2:54 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Try Goodwill and rummage sales. I got my son COlumbia shirts for $3 at the Goodwill and Tommy Hilfiger clothes at rummage sales for a couple of dollars. Try Marshall's or TJ Max. Look at Abercrombie and see what sales or clearances they have, you could be surprised what you find on sale. You could also buy her a couple of brand name shirts and the rest what you can really afford, that is what my mom would do. Also, let her babysit to help cover the cost of clothes.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:10 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Thanks for all the replies. She really is being a good sport about it, thank Goodness! I'll try some of those places and see what I can find.
    Anonymous

• right know i am finding really good deals at places like that.. i found a 40 shirt for only 8 dollors for my dd for back to school. just shop around and start early before everyone hits the stores.
    jazzyandpat

Answer by jazzyandpat at 3:39 PM on Jul. 16, 2009