Is it reasonable to pay $4.50 and hour for a prescchool that is not on a food program?

I live in a small town and parents rave about the one and only preschool we have...I don't like the idea of packing my kids lunch and providing my own snacks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• At $180.00 a week I dont know are your kids learning anything useful...lol. No honestly there are alot of preschools like that I personally think its a dump idea and would rather pick a school that provides that. So look around and see if any other schools provide a meal for the same price.
    mpoohdinky04

Answer by mpoohdinky04 at 1:08 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Whew, makes me so glad that preschool was part of the public school system here. I could never imagine paying that much....even the $4.50 an hour would have been half my paycheck!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:53 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• i dont think its reasonable..... preschools around here are going up to 800 a month !!! are you kidding me? we live in hawaii by the way. good thing our kids are not ready for it yet.... but back in cali preschools [some] are part of the public school system
    Bebe510

Answer by Bebe510 at 2:06 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• do you pay a week charge? i do 4.50 seen like alot tto me.
    em1o

Answer by em1o at 2:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I would think for $4.50 an hour they would provide snacks and be on the lunch program. The fee is hourly not a set rate say $300 a week for part time....it's flat out $4.50 an hour
    Anonymous

• 4.50 an hour and no food? ... hmm ... our preschool is , i believe 200 a week (not sure my son doesnt go there anymore) and they get 3 meals , and i think 4 snacks , not sure on that either , i do know its 3 meals ...
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 2:18 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Is this a preschool or a daycare? There is a big difference. Traditional preschool is usually pretty expensive, and unless it is a Co-op...which I recomend, because you are envolved you are asked to provide food all the time...and it is usually only a few days a week and a few hours a day. Daycare/preschool is different. It depends on the center you choose. If you need assistance with food and snack I am sure there are those out there on food programs. Food programs are a federal thing not a state or city thing. So just do some homework. Ask you center why they are not on a food program. In MI if a certain percentage of a student body is on the free lunch program then the school also has to provide breakfast as well.
    Anonymous

• My kids preschool is not on an hourly basis. It is $125.00 a month. It is M,W,and F from 8:25 until 11:00 o'clock. We are asked to bring in one large snack to share once a month..so not bad.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:01 PM on Jul. 16, 2009