So...what should we be spending money on?

Everyone seems to have different ideas of what our taxpayer dollars should go towards. What's your list of priorities? What do you think we should cover, and what should we NOT cover?

Yoshi_Yoshi

Asked by Yoshi_Yoshi at 1:11 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Jobs here!! Don't know how we'd do that-I am NOT talking about stuff like building the roads, etc. These only provide jobs for sooo long and I don't think it will reach enough people. What about company jobs coming back home for other countries??
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 1:16 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Well here in California all of the state employees who go to school to get their jobs and make good money have been cut 3 days pay... For me personally I think people on welfare who arent part of this country should get it taken away. Also all the Illegals going to the ER as a primary Doctor is crazy... they dont pay for it so we have to. I take this to heart cause My goddamn stupid Governor is making me work 3 days for free and wants to have 5 by xmas.... Im being forced to move because I cant afford my rent and bills plus gas and stuff for my kids without that extra 3 days pay! Alot of the people I work with are facing the same situation. Its scary too taking into consideration he is going to take 2 more from us so I have to find a place I can live in with 5 days less pay so I dont have to move my kids again. Well all the homes i can afford are in the scary ghetto. lots of gangs and such. EFF arnold!
    Anonymous

• My answers...My top 3 would be security, education, and healthcare...

I'd kick all of the illegals out and I wouldn't let any more in..I'd bring back jobs from overseas...bring our factories back, and make 'made in china' a thing of the past...

I wouldn't cut public aid/welfare...I'd make it easier to get on but I'd make the spending regulated...states get to decide what you spend your money on...

And baseball players wouldn't be paid millions upon millions of dollars to play a friggin game...but our teachers, doctors, and people in the military would have better paychecks.
    Yoshi_Yoshi

Answer by Yoshi_Yoshi at 1:22 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• National security, interstate commerce and foreign relations. You know, the only things the constitution says we're supposed to spend money on.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:33 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Sarah Palin's wardrobe

Joe Bidens muzzle

getting Michael Steele his own tv show

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:34 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• simple smileLOL sweet........I like Palin and that was still funny!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:38 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• At the top of my list are the basics: Roads, water, sewage, law enforcement, firefighters, military.

At the bottom are wasteful spending with money we don't have - like most of the earmarks that regularly get snuck into bills.

I wish the government would put together their list of priorities, let us vote on it, and like us everyday families have to - cut spending on things that are lower priorities when the money just isn't there.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 1:43 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Across the board tax cuts.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:57 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• LOL sweet........I like Palin and that was still funny!

LOL...It wasn't meant in a mean spirited way! I love Biden but sometimes he needs to STFU! LOL

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:59 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Sometimes? I am sure the white house would prefer that he never talk again. On the other hand, it's nice to get the truth once in a while.  I depend on his gaffes to tell me what's really going on.

Anonymous