What to do with a fussy 12 week old ? Moms that live in VERY hot areas

Genevieve just woke up . Its 1018 and its 99 degress already
We cant go for our walk , Its to hot. Cant open the windows in our house . Cant unpack boxes (just moved) What can I do ? She is use to regluar things a walk , swing at the park ... ect ..
Its just to hot for her to be out . She is upset :(

Mrs.Owen86

Asked by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:20 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Teething YES - that's when my son started! got his first tooth at 7 months though. It can take a while but if she's drooling- also you coudl do a bath? do you have a standup bounce for her to be in? One with toys around? If you have pillows you can support her to sit unless she can do that on her own and you could look through books? make funny faces for her to imitate? practice her standing while holding her hands? look at flashcards? this is a hard age to keep them occupied I know!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Walk around the house with her. Maybe she is teething? Mine started teething that young. Other signs are lots of drool and trying to knaw down on things. If that is the case teething tablets help.
    Anonymous

• Is the air on? My LO hates to be hot. Here in it's been in the 100's so the kids play in the evenings.
    Anonymous

• LOL Oh ya the AC is on . Its set on 70 .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:26 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• i didnt know that she could teeth this early ?
    she has been a drool monster lol . She also has basically been trying to eat her hands . I guess I should do the teething tablets i didnt even think of that anon thanks!
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:27 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Yes teething can happen that young. I was surprised too. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• LOL .
    I will for sure try that stuff when she wakes up again lol
    I was feeding her and she passed out hard LOL .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:53 PM on Jul. 16, 2009