How long did you wait to announce pregnancy???

I know it's a personal preference, but I'm just curious to see how long you waited to announce your pregnancy to friends, family, coworkers, etc. Thanks, ladies! You've been a big help!

TP1283

Asked by TP1283 at 1:30 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've never been able to keep it to myself for very long. It's too exciting...
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:31 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I still havnt told everyone just close family and friends. We told them at 13 weeks im now 15 weeks. I have had 2 miscarriages and this is our 3rd attempt so Im holding out until my next appointment before we really shout it from the rooftops
    mycheyl

Answer by mycheyl at 1:32 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I announced it to close family as soon as I found out but I found out when I was 5 weeks..I didnt tell coworkers or my boss until I was about 12 weeks though because I found out I was pregnant the day they told me I got the job...I know it's illegal, but I was afraid of them changing their mind and I needed and job! They didnt though. I told friends about a week after telling family.
    landons.mama

Answer by landons.mama at 1:32 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• my blabbermouth boyfriend told everyone at 5 weeks. i would have waited until i was out of the high risk miscarriage zone if it were my choice. besides my mom i wouldnt have told anyone else.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:33 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• About 5 minutes!! As soon as hubby and I saw the test was positive I was on the phone with my mama and daddy, then my sister, then my best friend. My hubby left to get another test to just be sure and he went to his parents house and told them. I have never been able to hold good news.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 1:37 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I TOLD FAMILY THE NIGHT I FOUND OUT LOL, I WAITED 3 DAYS TO TELL CO-WORKERS IT WAS JUST TOO HARD LOL
    candice0521

Answer by candice0521 at 1:47 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I was 7 weeks, thought I was 10 weeks, though. I told our parents after the first midwife appointment. At the ultrasound a week later turned out I was not as far along as they had originally thought. I waited because I wanted to make up cards and send to them (all of our family live out of state) and I wanted to put the due date and some other key info in the cards that I wouldn't know until I saw the midwife. Once I had the cards sent, then I just waited for the phone calls. Which seemed to take FOREVER.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:53 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I think I was 8 weeks first time to family, and maybe 7 the second time. First time I told co-workers at 12 weeks, 2nd time a little sooner. The only person that knew almost immediately besides me and DH both times was my best friend.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:57 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I told my best friend and cousin the day I found out and I was 4 weeks and then told the rest of my family the next few days. I told cooworkers that week too but didnt tell my boss til the next week bc I was a little afraid of her (she is kind of "motherly" and I felt like a teenager teling their mom they were pregnant lol). I cant keep from tellig good news...I'm the type that Im so excited, I just want to go up to complete strangers and say "Guess what, IM PREGNANT"!
    Anonymous

• i only told one girlfriend at first-day after i found out
    i told everyone else only after it was very obvious
    but i had a high risk preg. and if i had lost her i did not want to let everyone know

but she made it and she is perfect!
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 3:08 PM on Jul. 16, 2009