• In the Spotlight:

Will the dr induce at 39 weeks?

I have been having contractions the past 3 days. All day yesterday and all day today so far I have been having VERY painful contractions but I can still walk and talk through them and they have been anywhere between 3 and 11 min apart but aren't staying a consistent time apart. The last time I went to the dr, I was already dilated some and effaced some. I have been having a lot of discharge the past 2 days as well (mucusy with a little blood in it). Will the dr induce if I as k them to? Has anyone else done this and been sucessful? I dont know if I'm going to be able to handle the contractions you cant walk or talk through!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You have to ask your doctor
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:41 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• It all depends on the doctor. If they decide it is safe than maybe, but it sounds like you night not need it. Those sound like early labor pains to me. I guess it doesnt hurt to ask thoug.
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 1:42 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• If you are already going into labor naturally than I don't see why they would need to induce you unless you aren't making any kind of progress for an extended period of time. You'd have to ask your doctor.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:42 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• i was induced at 38 weeks becuase my BP was super high ,,, and i wasnt dialated or anything yet.... i also had pre-e, so that was a factor
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 1:54 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Your body is already making some type of progress. WHy not just suck it up and let things happen naturally instead of begging your dr to induce?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• They can induce at 39 weeks, but would need a medical reason to do so.  Talk to your doctor, especailly about the discharge.

Kim, from justamomha.com

justamomHA

Answer by justamomHA at 2:23 PM on Jul. 18, 2009