Okay people,big baby question

So I had an u/s and they said my baby was big. (and I know to take that with a grain of salt) but I also got measurements taken and all that,and my doc said I measured 45 at 29wks, which,for all you who don't know, is bigger then a women carrying twins. So I am wondering if, I have a big baby will that shorten my pregnancy? I'm 30wks and people are telling me that my baby is really really big(or I might be carrying twins, b/c my doctor said it was a possibility when we first heard the heartbeat but haven't heard anything after that) anyways I was wondering if I will be able to make it to at least 37 or 38wks at the rate I'm going? Before I got pregnant I was 150 and now,as of last week, I 194 (and no lie,its all belly,even the doctor said so) I just want to make sure if I should be expecting early,so I can stay off my feet. By the way I have a doc. app. and I will talk w her about it,just want to hear what u think.

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• but the doc app. isn't until next thur
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 1:53 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• my doctor said my son is measuring 2 weeks early so i could expect him anywhere from 36 to 40 weeks, and since my daughter was born 3 weeks early weighing 9lbs 3 oz, he thinks my son will be here early too... there is a chance yours could come earlier than expected, just talk to your ob, she'll be able to answer you a whole lot better GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:53 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Agreed to talk to your ob. Measuring big doesn't necessarily mean your baby is that much bigger, you could be also having a lot of excess fluid. I have measured large each time and had babies from 7 to 8 1/2 lbs. It also doesn't necessarily mean you will go early.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:54 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• You know you might go early or you might go late. I wouldn't make any special arrangements, have your bag packed and ready to go
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• At my last appt I had all of a sudden gained a lot of weight, I wasnt eating extra or anything like that and I walk daily. The doctor told me I was measuring two weeks ahead of myself and they may induce me one week early because they dont want my baby to get to big. So though that doesnt exactly answer your question. I think that they might just induce you. Good Luck!!!
    DueOnSept23

Answer by DueOnSept23 at 1:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• It is possible to have twins. One could be hiding behind the other and the heartbeats could be in sync o you might not know until birth.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 1:56 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I can't believe you wouldn't know if it were twins, wouldn't he have done more ultrasounds to look for another fetus? come on! were you checked for gestational diabetes?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:56 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Well I have my bag packed already,but I just wanted to know what ya'll think b/c My mom is suppose to be flying in.
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 1:56 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• well I have only gotten 2 u/s and the first was clear but the 2nd was a little fuzzy. and I haven't been tested for anything yet. not even G.D.
    but I have 3 family members that have been told that there was only one and there ended up being 2. and One was back in Nov. of 08
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 1:59 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• My son was born 3 weeks early and he weighed 8lbs. My daughters were 2days and 4days late and they were 9lbs 12oz and 10lb 2oz. so bigger doesnt mean sooner!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 2:20 PM on Jul. 16, 2009