This scares me... I dont even know what to think about people anymore!

My Aunt Pam was dating this man Darren. she had been with him for over a year. he seemed nice enough. He said he was a mortician he made great money owned a house at the beach. he seemed perfect. he wouldnt let her meet his family or see this beach house, though he had met all of my aunts family. pam found out he wasnt really a mortician he was a trucker? whoa red flag! but she said she loved him and stayed. he started beating her. they broke up several times but she is dumb and went back each time. He then said he sold his $500,000 beach house.. so she couldnt see it... more red flags. well he was banned from seeing any part of our family cause he was beating her and just a plain weirdo to my family now, but pam stayed with him. 2 days ago he dropped pam off at home went to a church parking lot. parked right in front of the giant cross and shot himself in the head. WTF right? well my aunt got a call from the cops today...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• (continued) Saying that he had 2 different Social security cards with 2 different numbers and neither number was registered to a man named Darren. So they don’t know who this man is! My family is freaked out! What was he hiding that he had stolen SSN’s…. OR had given Pam a fake name and a fake job…. One of the SSN had to be stolen though, if not both.. because even if one was his the other was registered to someone completely different. My aunt could have been dating a murderer for all we know. He was around our kids and was invited to all the family gatherings we had! This pisses me off beyond belief. If he wasn’t already dead id do the job for the damn crazy man knowing what I know now! But it scares me too. You never know who you can trust anymore! They were together for over a year and all this just came out! What would you guys think/do?
    Anonymous

• Not meeting his family was the first red flag.

There are ALL KINDS out there and caution is always important.

It's a terrible thing she's gone through but hopefully she can take the lesson out of it.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:56 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Wow, sounds like he was seriously mentally ill.........
    Anonymous

• OMG that is crazy well at least her dropped her off and didnt kill her also but yeah u cant trust no one a lot of people are liars and they lie about things that they dont need to like where they work if they have kids or a beach house or a nice car some people i guess have a shitty life and want to make it seem all is good.....i had a friend her man was cheating on his lady and she found out and called the other girl and her man told the other girl that he had a daughter wrong he had a son and that he was divorced wrng he was married and he told her lies about what he did for a living so i mean there are more poeple like that out there BEWARE!!!!! lol
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 2:00 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• technically he WAS a murderer if he killed himself. Why would the cops contact her if they were not married? They can't give out any information to a non relative and wouldn't before they found out his identify and found his relatives. I think you are making this up
    Anonymous

• LOL ANON MAYBE SHE IS A LIAR ALSO REMEMBER TRUST NO ONE
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 2:06 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• nope im not making it up. That would be a pretty stupid thing to make up considering im all angry over it. BUT she did find out who his daughter was... His daughter knows him by Darren too. So both SSN's have to be stolen. PLus im sure there is a lot of the story Im not up on yet. This is her telling us the highlights so she doesnt have to go into detail and keep taking about it
    Anonymous

• Oh! and the daughter had a letter from him to her... like the daughter knew he was gonna kill himself? if it really is his daughter anyway
    Anonymous

• Man this just gave me the heebeegeebees. WOW, I would be scared out of my mind AND angry at the same time.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:35 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I read your post and all I could say was WOW. Your poor aunt. Please be there for her and don't blame her for this. This man was a con-artist, clearly and he took advantage of her. It's NOT her fault.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:51 PM on Jul. 16, 2009