Was anyone's second delivery a lot easier then the first?

Did anyone have a hard first delivery and a much better second one? Just curious. I'm afraid to have another baby.

mommylovesu28

Asked by mommylovesu28 at 1:59 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My delivery with my second child was a breeze compared to my son. My son was big, and tore my cervix on the way out, I also had an episiotmy and that hurt. With my daughter my doc broke my water to induce labor, I had high blood pressure, and she came very quickly, within about 4-5 hours and she was smaller so she just popped on out lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:01 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Both my deliveries were fairly easy, BUT I had a lot of post-partum problems with my first one that never happened with my second. So yes, overall my second was much easier.
    Anonymous

• I did . With my first I was in labor hard labor for 4 days Pushed for hours and he almost got stuck,.
    With my second I was induced was in labor for 12 hours pushed for 15 mins and she was out.
    I was induced so that she wouldnt get stuck like my son almost did,
    Its good they induced because if she would had gone 40 week plus like my son did she would had been ALOT bigger and would had most likely got stuck
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:03 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• With my first I was in labor for 4days and pushed for 20 minutes. With my second, My water broke at home and started labor, and 3 1/2 hrs later she was born, maybe 3 pushes! Yes my 2nd was MUCH easier.
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 2:09 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Ummm, no. My first lasted 5 hrs 40 min. and I pushed for the last 45 min. My second was facing up and he would not come out! I pushed for the last 2 1/2 hours and but my total labor was only 6 1/2 hours so it wasn't too bad, just much harder work!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 3:03 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• YES!!!! My first my water broke at home and was in labor for 23 hrs and had 5 hrs of pushing because my contractions were so far apart. My second was 7 hrs of labor and about 20 mins of pushing. My third and you are gonna love this was 2 hours from start to finish! and about 3 mins of pushing she came so fast we didn't make it to the hospital she was born at my parents house on their kitchen floor!
    Easier and faster!
    dreamercat1

Answer by dreamercat1 at 3:36 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Yes I have had 3 and I would have to say that the first one was the hardest. However mine was a little different. I was induced wit h my first one cause of high blood pressure and I went into labor so fast I didn't get to have an epidural and I tore a lot. I pushed maybe 3 times. With my second one I still had some issues but much easier. My third one was a snap.
    rlapierre03

Answer by rlapierre03 at 5:43 PM on Jul. 18, 2009