is it ok to have alcohol at a kids party?

just saw in a pst about having beer at a kids party and its ok. why do you need to drink at a kids party

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• i personally don't agree with it, but to each their own i suppose
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:07 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Not everyone drinks alcohol to get smashed. Some people can drink two beers and be ok with just that, and there shouldn't be any reason why they can't.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 2:07 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I think its great!
    danichaos

Answer by danichaos at 2:08 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• If it's only family coming over, I have drinks for the adults available. If I were to have other people's kids over, then no. Wouldn't want to have the extra responsibility, especially if it's someone I don't really know. There are many alchoholics out there - some don't even know it.
    Anonymous

• We do all the time but you need to watch those people that let it get outta control and if thats is to much to do then don't have it, We have a great group we hang with and a glass of wime or few beers and it is all good.!!!
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 2:10 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• My husband and I don't drink....and we would prefer to not have alcohol at our kids' bday parties, but if there are a lot of adults I think that it should be an option for them to have...unless a majority of guests don't drink. My family is full of drinkers and in order for them to feel welcomed and relaxed..I think it would be part of my hostess' duties. I don't really agree with it, but if you have a small amount that when it is gone it is gone then I don't think that it is that big of a deal. As long as there aren't kegs with free flowing alcohol.
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 2:10 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I have beer at our kids parties.
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 2:11 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• we probably will , but the adults will be in the sunroom drinking. and no ones getting drunk! BELIEVE ME! ///
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 2:11 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Why not? I like to smoke a little weed every now and then too at the parties.
    Anonymous

• It's not like it would be a drunken brawl. Drinking responsibly is fine. If we have beer our friends and family are welcome to help themselves
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:12 PM on Jul. 16, 2009