What do you think? Were you sad or just don't care about MJ's death.

Please if you are going to be nasty then don't respond I was just wondering what other moms thought......and if they were sad because after all is sad and done he was a great musician and he did have issues but I think there was alot more to the story than we ever knew....

Korysmom96

Asked by Korysmom96 at 2:08 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Since I was alive at the height of his career, I will say I was sad. I grew up in a small town in Idaho - not the most culturally diverse place in the universe. In fourth grade I announced that I was going to marry Michael Jacskon. My best friend and I actually got in a huge fight over this because she wanted to marry him, too. Little white country kids were wearing red pleather jackets and sequined gloves. My point - he was probably the first person an entire generation looked at beyond color to his pure talent. I can see why people are honoring him. Yes, he became quite bizarre later in life, but that's not what I remember. He contributed hugely to the music community and was quite a humanitarian.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 2:51 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I feel bad for his children and family. The michael jackson that I once loved died decades ago.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:10 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I didn't know him personally so I really didn't care.
    Anonymous

• No i wasn't sad about it. So many celeb death stories over the years, I have just become numb to all the scandel that follows. Yes talented person, weird person, maybe even a bad person, but people die. It didn't change my day or week at all.
    Anonymous

• I think he did it to himself. I think that he should have had professional mental help earlier in his life to prevent this. I particularly am not sad.
    danichaos

Answer by danichaos at 2:10 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I feel sorry for his kids....but people are practically worshiping him and that is disturbing to me. He was a sick man that had a tragic ending....but there are everyday Heroes that don't get the recognition that they deserve. Yes he did a lot for the music industry, but like I said, he was a sick man not somebody to be worshiped.
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 2:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Don't care, not sad, and he's not Elvis.
    Anonymous

• I feel sad for him family. Everyone is all about this, even after weeks its an ongoing topic. Can you imagine if it was your family member that died & all you are trying to do is grieve and move on, but the media and others just won't let the many, many debates go. He's dead , everyone should let him rest in peace no matter what. If you believe he was a bad person, you don't have to change your mind ,just let it go. Thats all i'm saying. It doesn't matter what kind of person he was , he is dead and the dead deserve respect, if not for them , then for their families. It hard to loose anyone but i can't imagine their lives being torn apart into shreds by every person in the world. It would break my heart to hear someone speak of them in the ways people are speaking of MJ. How are they ever supposed to get over it when people won't let them?!! It truely makes me sick to see how insensitive people can be towards the family. :(
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 2:14 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I totally agree you can't turn on the Tv without hearing him getting trashed, he is passed let it go. The media is really loving this I mean you hear things about tons of people that has passed Princess Diana, Heath Ledger and Elvis all people remember is the bad things, yes maybe he did do it or maybe he didn't but personally if I would have thought he hurt one of my kids money would not have had no matter /I would have wanted blood, so I kinda wonder if that whole thing wasn't a bunch of lies...Makes ya wonder....Yes he did nake some bad decisions but I think he was a boy trapped in a mans body.....RIP
    Anonymous

• I am sad for his kids. I think his whole life has been a sad one. He had great riches, but money doesn't buy you self esteem and happiness. I don't know if he was really guilty of sexual abuse of children, but I will leave that to the people that feel victimized by him to deal with.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:26 PM on Jul. 16, 2009