Leave him or keep him?

My "fiance" and I had a baby in May. My fiance quit his job the week before baby was born. And because I was on maternity leave and he had no income coming in we had no choice but to move in with my parents. We've been there a month and a half. He just told me today that he's moving out because he can't stand my mom, but he wants to stay together. He works 4 hrs a day 6 days a week. he brings home maybe $450.00 a month so we still don't have money to move out together. I'm staying at my moms house to try to save money for our own house and a wedding sometime. But now I don't know what to do. He can't man up and take the whole situation with a grain of salt and make the best of things. Is he really worth staying in a relationship with? Any advice ladies, I'm totally stuck on this one!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• how can he even afford to move out by himself? 450 a month wont cover expenses. maybe he should try helping you out more by getting a second job so yall can move out together. i wouldnt stay with him. its his fault yall are in this situation at begin with, he quit his job putting this stress on yall. give him an a choice stick it out and find a way to stay together or he can just give up that 450 a month on chold support.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 2:19 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I hate to say it, but I would really question the fact that he is willing to walk away (and still want the benefits of a relationship) from a difficult situation. I too live with my mother in law. Trust me...this woman is one of the most difficult women to live with...but you do what you need to do to support your family. I would be really concerned (as you are) but only you can make this decision. I'm sorry hun. Good luck...and congrats on the little one.
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 2:19 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I say let him move out. And when he does, tell him your threw with him. Who would quiet a job knowing he has a baby coming?

Answer by louise2 at 2:21 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• let time answer this one. Maybe he has a plan. See what it is. Don't make a drastic decision right now

Answer by admckenzie at 2:26 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• If he can move out, he should be taking baby and you with him.That makes no sense to me.I can understand not getting along with inlaws...it is tough for basically 2 families to live together.But if he's leaving...why not have you and the baby go with him? He should either deal with living with your parents...who were gracious enough to take his family in...save up enough money so ALL 3 of you can move out or he should not let the door hit his rear on the way out...and stay gone.Good Luck.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:29 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Step back and give him some time. I have lived with my inlaws too and trust me it is hard. I mean my MIL is great until you need her. She was on MY case about everything, not my DH. And it did cause issues with me and my DH. At that time the economy was great and I found an awesome full time job and we moved out. But now days the economy sucks and sometimes even a second part time job still doesn't cut it. All I can say is if your Mom over stepped her bounds then YOU need to be the one to talk to her. My DH had to let his Mom know she was being a wedge with us. If you can not afford to pay her anything, then make sure you take care of as much house hold chores as you can. Thats what we did till we could afford to pay her for our part.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:46 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I've talked to my mom, I've talked to my dad... I've done everything I could to help and make things better... I don't want to be at my parents any more than he does. we just don't have the money to move out.
    Anonymous

• HE QUIT HIS JOB ONE WEEK BEFORE YOU GAVE BIRTH!!! HELLO!!!!! RED FLAG HONEY!!!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:53 PM on Jul. 16, 2009