How often to bathe a 6 month old?

I bathe my son once a week, but my grandmother said I should do it everyday. What do you think?

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• i would do it about every 3 days they are babies they dont get dirty dirty just everyday give him a little sponge bath wipe down before bed and lotion him up.

Answer by ggiovanni at 2:22 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I don't do it everyday either. I don't wanna dry his skin out and he doesn't get dirty.

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 2:22 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Unless he's playing outside every day and getting dirty, twice a week should be adequate.

Answer by fluud7 at 3:25 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I did it everyday at that age but only because it was his bedtime routine but I didn't wash him everytime- it will dry out their skin - every 3-4 days is what is recommended.

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:34 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I'm sorry but I am a bather! I did and do it every night. In the winter if the skin is dry, I may skip and do every other day but that is the limit. Even then I wash hands, face, and feet before bed.

Answer by salexander at 3:43 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• There is no right answer for this, because every baby is different. My daughter has eczema, and if we were to bathe her every day her skin would be in horrible, horrible condition. I generally do it once or twice a week, depending upon how dirty and sweaty she is.

Answer by evwsquared at 3:53 PM on Jul. 16, 2009