cloth diapers or disposiable diapers?

which do you think are better? pro's & cons, I have no idea what I should use!

VanessaCalhoun

Asked by VanessaCalhoun at 2:16 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ive done both.
    Disposable ended up easier for us in the long run.

Cloth are great if you dont mind the daily washings and spending a good amount of money upfront for them. They are good savers, enviroment and such wise but at first you pay a pretty penny usually.

Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:37 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I use disposiable diapers . I really dont wan tto see the messes my daughter makes in a cloth diaper lol . Id rather just throw it away .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:20 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• i agree with mrs.owen but some ppl will bash us b/c we're "not thinking of the environment"
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:26 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• There is an in between call the gDiaper. It is a cloth diaper with a flushable lining.

http://www.gdiapers.com/
    LilLegs

Answer by LilLegs at 2:27 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• For environmental effects - they're really not that different because of the energy and the water it takes to wash the diapers.

....Unless your washing machine is running on some "cleaner" fuel.
    Anonymous

• I use disposable right now but am switching to cloth for my next one. While disposable has been great for us, they do get rather pricey. Even the cheaper brands can cost a bundle! So I am planning on both buying some and making a few of my own to save some money. Plus they are SOOO cute!!! Also, according to the women who use them, they should last through more than on child. I have been talking to a bunch of women who cloth diaper or did and they say that the mess really isn't all that bad. I guess I'll find out in a few months!
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 3:44 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• We use cloth on my son and I absolutely love it! I buy the prefolds and they are so easy to use plus they are really cheap. and my son has never had a diaper rash. They just seem healthier to me. I wouldn't want to be stuck in huge maxi pads all day, every day for two years or so of my life.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I say cloth. I use them because I feel bad putting paper/platstic underwear on my daughter. I wouldn't want to walk around in something like that. That being said, it is my personal preferrence and I don't knock the disposables either. They serve a purpose for being convenient when out and about and in a pinch. I say give it a try. You really have nothing to lose because believe it or not, there is a large demand for used diapers!
    MommaToSam

Answer by MommaToSam at 9:14 PM on Jul. 16, 2009