If your doctor told you that you were going to die

would you want to know when it was going to happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No. I would worry too much about how much time do I have left. I would be afraid that I would be watching the clock instead of participating in life.
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 2:30 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Doctors can only give you a rough estimate of when you will die.  Not an precise time.

And no I do not want to know when I will die..

Answer by louise2 at 2:32 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Nope, when I go, I go. I'll make sure my affairs are in order and that my family is okay, make sure most of my debt and bills are paid off and live my life.
    You miss out on what's truly importnant when you're too busy worrying about life ending.
    Worry about LIVING life. Because that's what it's ment for. Living.
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 2:34 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• heck no...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:36 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Yes, because I'd want to know how much time I had to get my affairs in order. Of course the doctor couldn't tell whether you would die by being hit by a truck, for example, or from some other disease, so we always should treat each day as if it were the last. But if I had a disease and the doctor said that I would likely die in three months, then I'd be extra careful to get my farewells spoken and paperwork taken care of and my family settled and able to care for themselves.

Answer by Bmat at 2:37 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Only God would know the answer to that question.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:38 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• no i wouldn' i would want to live everyday to the fullest and make sure all the legal stuff was taken cake of so my kids would go to my mom and not to the state
    kcook55

Answer by kcook55 at 2:39 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• No way. I just lost my father on July 5th. He was in his pool, his wife went inside to make lunch. He had a "cardiac event" and as a result was found floating face down in the water. They were unable to revive him. I would never want to know when or how I was going to die. I am sure my dad would not have liked it either. I don't know where to begin getting over his loss. I never in a million years thought I would end the holiday weekend sitting at the pool side for 3 hours holding his hand waiting for the coroners office to come and take his body away. People who wonder how long they have to get their affairs in order...you don't...live each day as if it is your last...it just may be :(
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:42 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• nah, would hate to dwell on something like that.
    kharma

Answer by kharma at 2:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• No.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:35 PM on Jul. 16, 2009