Avon Sign Up Question-Please Help!

I sent $10 to a mom on CM to sign up to sell Avon, and she keeps giving me excuses why I haven't received the initial kit, saying that it hasn't been sent from Avon, they don't speak good English, and her upline won't listen to her to help.

She was supposed to receive the kit and then forward it onto me. It's going on the second week and still haven't gotten it. Can anyone tell me how long it should take to receive it? I know it's only $10, but it's my money and would like either the money or the kit.

I'm trying to be patient with her, it may really not be her fault but if she's trying to scam me, I'd like to know. She has offered to send me my money back. I told her I'd wait a few more days to see if she received the kit from Avon.

Can anyone let me know what they think? Is she trying to screw me out of the $10?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Money & Work

• Did you go through her site or get a tracking number or did you send her a check???  If you sent her a check and you still haven't received anything and you contacted AVON directly than I would contact CM to see they can look into her as being legit?   Also if you sent a check you may want to put a stop-payment on the check..

The AVON rep that I spoke with her on CM told me it was $20 (10 for the kit / 10 for shipping & handling)  Do you have her rep number?  If you do contact AVON..

Anonymous

• Report it to CM
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 3:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I have to say it sounds fishy. I don't know for sure if she is scamming you or not but I would get the money back and then go to their website to have a local person in your area come and help get you started. I guess you could always look for a local person to call and ask if this is how it is usually handled.
    SensualScents

Answer by SensualScents at 3:11 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• id ask for your money back and find a legit avon rep or call avon yourself
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 5:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2008