My 5 month old like to be swaddled at night. I am trying to transition him out of the swaddle at the same time as transitioning him into his own crib and out of the bassinet. Any advice?

GeoLeoMom

Asked by GeoLeoMom at 2:42 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't transition from two things at once.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:44 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I would sttarp slow. maybe get him use to the crib and slowly unwrap him... it will take a week or more. =) taake it slow, stressing you or the baby is NOT a good thing!
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 2:51 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I agree do one thing at a time u will find it works smoother.Like my daughter she use to sleep with us then we made her sleep in her own bed then we moved her into a crib in her own room.
    alaina_20

Answer by alaina_20 at 3:45 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• We let our daughters sleep swaddled until around 6 months, when they really couldn't be contained anymore and/or started rolling over (still swaddled) in their sleep. LIke others have said, I'd switch to the crib first, then tackle the swaddling when it's really necessary. Take out one arm for a few nights (most likely he'll surprise you and sleep fine anyway); then once that's the norm for him, take out the other arm, but keep the blanket around the legs. This worked with both our daughters; we were really surprised what a non-issue it was, but again, we waited a little longer than you are.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 5:00 PM on Jul. 16, 2009