Has anyone else had funny movements in their stomach but NOT pregnant and NOT gas?

I have felt little odd movements in my stomach on the right side that I would swear feels like a baby moving. I have had three kids so I would easily compare it to that. I know Im not pregnant..have had my period but still was paranoid enough to have taken 6 pregnancy tests in the last two months of feeling this strange flutter. It just happens at random times and i have not been to the doctor bc I dont wanna look stupid and have them tell me its gas bc I KNOW it isnt gas....anyone out there have had the same experience and found out what causes it???

KimberlyNicole

Asked by KimberlyNicole at 3:01 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Health

• Yup, their called Phantom Kicks, no idea what causes them but they are harmless
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:03 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Yup! i get them too... i have no idea what it is, but figure it's just my insides movin around. Just letting you know, you aren't alone!! It sure doesn't help with my wanting another baby! LOL
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:06 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• It probably is gas. Not all gas is stuff you will push out now. Or, it's a muscle twitch but more than likely gas
    Anonymous

• I get them! I thought it was just me. I have had four kids, and that is exactly what it feels like.
    mawfia

Answer by mawfia at 3:39 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Phantom Kicks? I've never heard of that, but have experienced similar movements/feelings myself.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 3:40 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I have had them in between pregnancies.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 3:57 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I have them too. My dh says it's just the baby that I want to have. Don't know what causes it, but if anyone finds out I'd like to know too.
    eeyoreplus4

Answer by eeyoreplus4 at 7:23 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Yes, have heard of phantoms. I didnt start having them until about 6 months after giving birth, and since i have lost some weight they have gone away. they would only happen when i would lay on my left side. i swear it was my insides moving and adjusting from giving birth!!!!
    tatmum

Answer by tatmum at 11:40 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Phantom kicks huh?..weird. Well I really was worried but now they don't really happen any more so I guess I shouldn't worry! LOL
    KimberlyNicole

Answer by KimberlyNicole at 9:51 AM on Aug. 4, 2009