Wedding Scripts?

I have almost everything else planned. We're Christian, have 2 girls, and want it to be about 30 minutes long. We've been together for about 7 years and have had A LOT of ups and downs. It will be outdoors next fall. My fiance's dad is going to be our Officiant.

Does anyone have ideas for our ceremony and scripts?

Or, any free sites that have scripts? I did a search and most of them want you to pay money.

tcarter1981

Asked by tcarter1981 at 3:07 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• if you look up beach weddings i went to clearwater beach fl weddings on yahoo and there is a site where I am actually using that has the whole ceremony written out for you to go along with or take something out or add to.. thats just an idea but you can type in your location too and it should provide places etc My fiance and I are getting married this oct 11 so let e know if you need help with anything or have questions etc, take care!
    ~ keri
    angelkcm2

Answer by angelkcm2 at 6:49 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I am not a Christian, but I would suggest the Apache wedding blessing. I think it's beautiful regardless of your religious views, and really sums up what a marriage is about. It was read at our wedding.

Now you will feel no rain,
    for each of you will be shelter for the other.
    Now you will feel no cold,
    for each of you will be warmth to the other.
    Now there will be no loneliness,
    for each of you will be companion to the other.
    Now you are two bodies,
    but there is one life before you.
    May beauty surround you both in the journey ahead
    and through all the years.
    May happiness be your companion and
    your days together be good and long upon the earth.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:14 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Have you considered writing your own ceremony/script/vows??

I think that would be very beautiful and mean more than one you find off the computer.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:30 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Yeah, I'd like to find something and change it to fit our family. I just really need an outline. I want something longer than 5 minutes, but I don't want it like an hour long or anything. I might just use their officiant instead of his dad so I can get more help that way. Most of the ceremonies I've been to are long Catholic and Luthern one and that's not what we want at all. We also want to include our girls and have some readings or prayers said by family members. I know a lot of people use Corinthians, but I'll have to search my bible and find more. Any ideas are appreciated!
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 10:59 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• My uncle is a pastor and he reads something out of the bible. I will email him and ask him what section, but if you are a christian why are not having a pastor do the service for you? I would get on some christian sites or forums and ask them. You can do a google search for Christian message boards. But when I hear something back from my uncle I will send you a message.

Work From Home
    Daily Pay, 401, Benefits
    Overview: 616-712-1741
    www.workbenefitsfromhome.com

freeathome

Answer by freeathome at 10:52 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• You don't have to be Luthern or Catholic to be Christian. I have both in my family. We are having my fiance's dad do the service. He is certified and very Christian. We're trying to personalize the wedding to our taste. We are having a casual garden style wedding. I don't believe it has to be done in a church for God to know we love each other. Thanks for asking your uncle though. I have an uncle who is a catholic priest. I went to a catholic school growing up one religion doesn't mean you're more christian than the other.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 2:35 AM on Jul. 20, 2009