Not for Profit Adoption Agencies

I was wondering if anyone knew of some not for profit adoption agencies such as Project Cuddle? My husband and I are looking to adopt and are interested in going through a not for profit agency.

mom.of.twins

Asked by mom.of.twins at 3:28 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Adoption

• We did work with Project Cuddle for a while. It's a good organization. I think we got two calls from them, but nothing ever happened beyond that for us. A lot depends on where the emom is in the country, since they are nationwide.

There are a couple of non-profit agencies in our area. We have used Catholic Charities in two different states, and felt that they were very thorough. Their fees are low enough that they don't cover the adoption program's expenses, so it is subsidized by the diocese. They really work with the ewomen to encourage them to examine their own wishes and the reasons behind whatever their choice is. I know that some bmoms have said they've had bad experiences with them. Each office is different and has different policies and fees. It's possible that you could have a turkey working in a particular office for a while.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 4:23 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Bethany Christian Services is not for profit, but you must be Christian to adopt through them.
    Anonymous

• I used Adoptions From The Heart when I placed my daughter in a plan. Its a nonprofit. They only have a handful of offices. Good people there
    TLW514

Answer by TLW514 at 9:18 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I'm an amom who's heard some bad things about Bethany. Not trying to cause trouble, but you may want to look them up on adoptionagencyratings.com. There are some really good non-profit agencies out there. I know it's overwhelming looking because there are so many. Good luck!
    Anonymous