when its really hot outside do you keep your lil in just a diaper

my son is almost 7 months old and heats up really fast so i keep him in just a diaper even when i go out if its just gonna be quick... if we will be gone a while i will put him in a onesie... what do you do

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 3:29 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I like to keep something on my little one when she was that young because of sun expsoure and at least a light layer to absorb the sweat. And if going into a car seat, it can be hot and sicky on the little one, so I just did a thin layer.
    Anonymous

• Yup, I do that.
    Or I give him nakie time...
    If it's nice out, we also let him splash around in a wading pool as well.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 3:32 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• My son is very hot natured. When he was a baby, around the house was fine. If I had to go some place...he had on clothes...
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 3:33 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I actually hate to be naked when I'm hot. I hate to have any of my skin touch any other skin on my body. Instant sweat city - yuck! So I always kept a light onsie on my daughter. She couldn't tell me if it bothered her so I had to go with what I would like in her place.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:38 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• As long as we are not going to be out in the sun, my DS lives in nothing but a diaper on hot days (sometimes a t-shirt too).
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 3:39 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• If they had to be in the sun I slathered them with sunblock and kept a t-shirt on them as well as a diaper. If they didn't have to be in the sun then yeah- just a diaper or even nakie if they were in the privacy of our back yard. When in the car, a light outfit, same with out in the public, since I'd have to carry them and holding bare flesh just made them sweat more.

Answer by Bmat at 3:41 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• In the house or the shade just a diaper here.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 3:50 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I have always thought that a baby in just a diaper is tacky. It's like letting your kids run around in their underwear. Around the house I'd keep a onesie on him - going out in public he'd wear clothes.
    Anonymous

• A baby in a diaper is cute, and so is a little kid in their underwear! They only get to be young once, let them enjoy it, Anon 3:51
    aaliyahmom

Answer by aaliyahmom at 4:04 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• My daughter usually hangs out inside & outside at home in a t-shirt & diaper. If we go out, I put shorts on her.
    flowrchild77

Answer by flowrchild77 at 4:39 PM on Jul. 16, 2009