Why do our husbands put so much pressure on our kids in athletics? How do we get them to see what they are doing?

My husband and I put together a web site about youth sports. All 4 of our kids are very involved. It started where he was one of those dads the put all the pressure on our kids. One day it changed and he started looking at himself. The kids were getting burned out and why? Because of him! That day we decided to started this site and help parents understand what we are doing to some of our kids. If there is anything you can share or any ideas feel free to email me at Celli@championshipsportstraining.com

Thanks and God Bless

Celli Whipple
www.championshipsportstraining.com

Championsmom

Asked by Championsmom at 3:46 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• husbands ??you have never been to my town the mothers are the physco ones.....and if your kid doesnt excel?thats it no friends for you////
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 3:52 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• No mine. Not me, either

Answer by rkoloms at 4:30 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I was just thinking about this very issue...My son just finished his first year in "the majors" in Little League in our town. He is 11 years old and a good, but not "star" athlete... It was much too competitive and not fun at all. All the coaches cared about was winning the championship, which they did not do! So, the year was considered a disaster. AT least they couldn't blame my son, who barely got to play all year. This is recreational little league! They are in 5th and 6th grade.... I don't think my son gained anything this year in terms of skills....and he cried after the last game because he said it wasn't fun at all. He felt the year was a failure and I have to say I agree with him. Hopefully next year will be better.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 5:00 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I'm lucky... neither my husband and I really care one iota about sports. We prefer things like bike riding, hiking, games, etc. that the whole family and some friends can all enjoy. No pressure, just fun!
    Intrepid

Answer by Intrepid at 6:41 PM on Jul. 16, 2009