They did an ultra sound to check for a blood clot but didn't check where the throbbing was?

ever since yesterday morning ive been having a throbbing sensation in my leg. so last night i ended up at the hospital. they did an ultra sound on my leg,. BUT it wasnt where i told them it was. they only did the ultra sound on my inner leg, and the throbbing i am feeling is on the OUTSIDE..
so it came back that i didnt have a blood clot, am just wondering how they could tell since they didnt really look at the spot i was talking about?

*I can actually see my leg moving like blood pumping really hard or different at this certain place in my leg

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Health

• Was this in an emergency room? Could be that they were only looking at the deep vein systems and not the superficial veins. A vascular surgeon could do a vein study to look at both. Do you have a history of blood clots?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:14 PM on Jul. 16, 2009