In a worst case scenario, what would have to happen?

I was thinking today that in a worst case scenario, if cap and trade actually passes and if they squeak health care reform through as well, what will it take to get us out of the horror that surely is to follow? Will it be another attack on our soil that will bring us back down to reality and bring manufacturing jobs back home? I hate to feel this way, but I like to hope for the best but plan for the worst.
What say you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think a revolution will be very likely if these things come to pass. The really sad thing is that while a revolution could be a good thing and get us back on track it could also open the door to a dictator's takeover.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:47 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I have my doubts that either will pass. But if either passes its too late the country is done or it will take yrs to recover.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:18 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I know what you mean Carpy, but I am wondering if there will be a catalyst to recovery, or if it will simply be a long sad road to travel? Sort of like WW2 is the catalyst that brought us out of 'the New Deal'.

Anonymous

• I cannot even let my mind wander off into those directions of what if's.....way bigger than I can wrap my head around without having some sort of anxiety attack
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:44 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

If we recover at all.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 5:10 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I think it may pass, and this country will sink so deep into a depression that we may embrace a union that has been trying to be passed for decades. The people of this country, if they don't wake up and smell the bullcrap, will be suckered into exchanging the sovereignty of this nation for absolute rule by someone yet to be decided.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 5:21 PM on Jul. 16, 2009