I need maternity clothes and dreed looking like a dork. I know it may sound lame to some and not so lame to others. the problem I am short and not in the best financial situation. I cannot find pants my length without spending money I don't have. does anyone know of a place or how to get nice comfy stylish short/petite clothes for me?

need help with maternity items and clothes. Any recommendations out there for the colorado springs area?

mommytobeinDec

Asked by mommytobeinDec at 4:14 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• target??
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 4:18 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• that too was a problem for me

i shoped at thift stores
    cheap and you will never wear again unless you are blessed again
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 4:18 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• find a kids consignment shop- they always have tons for cheap- if you need to spend 1 or 2 $ getting alterations you can :) good luck! Oh for alterations like a hem- go to ta dry cleaner- they are CHEAP!
    Anonymous

• goodwill
    Anonymous

• target is expensive to me but i go to ross or marshalls i get like really cute tops for 4.99 and for pants i just bought bigger sizes then what i normally wear bc i think matarinty pants are ugly.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 4:28 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Try these places also there are churches that have free store find some in your area and if your pants are to long just cut off the bottoms it wont look that bad good luck thats what i had to do but i dont live any where near colarado
    Association for Retarded Citizens-Arc Thrift Store(719) 473-0502
    Salvation Army(719) 473-6161
    DAV Thrift Store Pick Up (719) 636-3397
    Salvation Army Thrift Store (719) 636-3891
    Arc Thrift Store- (719) 522-1203
    Salvation Army: Family Stores - (719) 634-5506
    Assistance League-Colorado Spg (719) 475-1029
    Crossfire Mission Thrift Store - (719) 447-1806
    Goodwill Industries of Colorado Spring (719) 633-8794 -
    Arc Thrift Store (719) 391-7717
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 4:30 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• k mart
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 4:32 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• The first thing I'm gonna tell you is to find a belly band or a tummy sleeve! (Google it and you'll find them) It's a huge money saver as it allows you to wear pants you ALREADY have. You don't zip or button them. The sleeve holds your pants flat against your belly. It's very comfy! I even wore a few pairs of my regular pants my ENTIRE pregnancy because of it! I reccomend it to everyone! I got mine at my local Motherhood maternity store. I think it was 15 bucks.

If you have to buy pants, just buy a few pairs to wear when you're going somewhere. Buy a couple pairs of casual and a pair of slacks. Who cares if people notice you're wearing the same clothes, they aren't the fashion police. I think I had maybe 5 pairs of pants/ capris my whole pregnancy. Everything else I wore I used my belly band. Shirts are a little harder, but again, I didn't buy many. Again, only 5 or 6. I just wore the same things.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:33 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Also, I did most of my shopping at Motherhood Maternity. I always hit the sale rack though. They have great deals there when they put stuff on sale. And they have VERY NICE stuff. Not the dumpy maternity stuff you'll sometimes see elsewhere. Fashion Bug also has some cute stuff. If you aren't plus size, go check out thier plus size section. My mom sent me several cute tops from there that were my favorite ones to wear.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:36 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Target's maternity section has some cute stuff. I wish they'd had it when *I* was pregnant (a decade ago....) I was stuck with lil duckies and sailor collars and dressing like *I* was the baby, not the one having it!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 4:49 PM on Jul. 16, 2009