HOW CAN I WEAN MY 8 MONTH OLD WHO LOVES TO FALL ASLEEP SIDELYING?

MY DAUGHTER IS 8 MONTHS OLD AND ONLY FALLS ASLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT IF MY BOOB IS NEAR.IN SEPTEMBER I GO TO COLLEGE AND IM WORRIED MY LATE NIGHT STUDYING IS GOING TO BE A PROBLEM.ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREAT. THANKS!!!!

saintceleste

Asked by saintceleste at 4:30 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No need to wean, just move the nursing away from sleeping. Put the nursing earlier in bedtime routines and replace nursing to sleep with rocking to sleep or something like that. Give it time, it can take some dedication. I had to get my hubby to help me by taking my son and getting him to sleep away fromt he smell of the milk, it worked..we nursed then he was bathed, then changed and then rocked to sleep.
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 6:24 PM on Jul. 16, 2009