Cramps during early pregnancy

Hi everyone. I'm getting in to see my dr on Aug 3rd. I got a positive home pregnancy test on July 12th. (well 3 of them)
I'm feeling cramping just like I do when I get my period. Has this happened to anyone else. I'm a little worried because this is my first pregnancy. I've read everywhere that it's normal.... any thoughts, advice or input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

TP1283

Asked by TP1283 at 4:37 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes it is very scary but my doc says it is ur uterus expanding and getting used to the prgnancy it is very normal!
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 4:38 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• It is your organs moving about to make room for your new little one. Also it is yours muscle stretching to hold your growing baby. It is very normal, and in a lot of cases it will only get worse as baby gets bigger
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 4:39 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Yup, those cramps are normal. I'm 18 weeks today and have been having those cramps for awhile (also had them with my last 3 kids) and mentioned it to my OB and she said it was common. Your ok :)
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 4:39 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• By the way, Congrats!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 4:40 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Its "normal" as long as they're like your regular cramps....however, if they get stronger or more painful definately call your dr.
    TriciaBailey

Answer by TriciaBailey at 4:42 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Normal. I'm 38 wks and I'm gettn cramps too that last for hours but my body is preparing for birth so these lil cramps are nothing compared to what's coming!
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 4:46 PM on Jul. 16, 2009