I have a 6 month old going to start a new daycare job and take my daughter with me, anyone have experience with this? What can I expect?

I am nervous about not being with my daughter during the day I want to know what it is like to bring your child to daycare with you when you work?

HeidilovesNyla

Asked by HeidilovesNyla at 4:38 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No, but I'd like to know too because I want to do this haha
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 6:36 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I had a friend that went thru this. Wasn't awful for her, but she would go in the infant room to visit her on break just to check in on her daughter. However, once the child started acting out when mom would leave we had to put a stop to it. Thats when it was tough for her.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 7:11 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• That is what I did. I had two kids in the daycare. My oldest was in my class but my youngest (he was 9months) was in the baby room. The girls working in the baby room were great, which helped a lot. I didn't visit on my break because that was when he was taking a nap. But it was nice to be in same building for when they got sick and such. My oldest then moved up a room and we started potty training. He went through this phase in the beginning where he wouldn't let anyone but his dad or I take him potty. So his teacher and I would switch rooms for just a minute so I could take him. Honestly, after working in daycares ( I have worked in a few) I would never have my child in daycare unless I was there and knew what was going on during the day. Even though I didn't visit my youngest I could look in the window anytime I walked by. It was very nice.
    Anonymous