my shepherd???

we went on vacation and left cleo with a good kennel.well we got back and she was in the back of her crate.they said she wouldnt come out and nobody was going to go in and get her.she acted very skiddish.my husband went in and she still wouldnt move it wasnt until my 10yr old went in that she came out.she is very scary looking but would never hurt anyone/they said she would howl all day?whats up with this /separation anxiety or what???any ideas on a skiddish shepherd.(we do think she was abbused when we got heri could tell)we did get her as a puppy...

nana77500

Asked by nana77500 at 4:45 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Pets

• Has she ever been in a kennel before? Is she crate trained? How were her conditions? Did the kennel have a run where she could move around and play?
    It sounds like the place and/or the situation she was put in was strange and stressful for her. If she's never been kenneled before or not socialized well then its not surprising.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 6:54 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• She was stressed. I work at a kennel and we get that with some dogs. The workers should have tried a little harder to make her feel more comfortable :(
    Elijahsmommy9

Answer by Elijahsmommy9 at 9:36 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• a lot of kennel places are not nice to animals..i'm sorry to say...but i'm sure she was abused on top of being very stressed out because it was also a new place and i'm assuming you guys have never left her with strangers before...if possible..i definitely wouldn't leave her with them ever again..have someone she knows come and take care of her at ur house...poor thing
    phoenixdreamer

Answer by phoenixdreamer at 12:08 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I dont know the kennel obviously but I doubt they "abused" her. They may have not given her the attention she needed but I doubt they beat her. When we get stressed out dogs we spend as much time as we can with them, take them outside into the play yard to get some air, give them treats...pretty much baby them as much as possible. It sounds like your dog was stressed beyond belief and they didnt do anything to calm her down. I hope she gets better for you!
    Elijahsmommy9

Answer by Elijahsmommy9 at 12:55 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• ya i dont think she was beaten....i think she had been before we got her.but yes they didnt take her out to playthey said they wouldnt they were to scared of her.my thought was this is a big kennel.reputable clean you would think someone would be used to big dogs.so now my daughter will come over and take care of her.her boy friend likes her so he said he would walk her...
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 8:43 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• phoenixdreamer , how do you know that "a lot of kennel places are not nice to animals" ? Did you use to work at one or work at one now ? I think that is wrong to say that unless you have worked at several and have proof or have seen them being abused first hand!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:25 AM on Jul. 18, 2009