help me to understand

This is from my heart. My sd has continually come over our home claiming abuse. She has had bruises that she says her bio mom gave her by grabbin her. Also, she tells the child to lie to caseworkers cause she would go to jail. The mother also told her that if she ever lost her she would kill herself. This child is being enotionally abd physically abused. We have reported all this and have been given temp. custody twice. The last incident occured two weeks and childrens services has done nothing. We have a lawyer but everythin seems stalled. What else an we do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• You need to make sure your SD is telling the case workers the truth. Cause if she keeps lying for her mother then nothing will ever happen.
    Anonymous

• I would tell the bio-Dad, to fight for full custody....and work my a$$ off to help him get it. That poor kid needs to get away from her mom and fast. Good Luck.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 4:54 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Keep a journal of dates and what is said and what you see/hear. Take pictures, but don't tell her what they are for. That will stand up very well in court. The court is always going to be stalled and tied up because the family courts are extremely busy, but if you have a journal you will have a leg to stand on if you have to go to court.
    MontessoriMo226

Answer by MontessoriMo226 at 5:32 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Ive been keeping a journal since Sept. of last year. We do have picures of the bruises from each incident. Im glad to know that the court would listen to the journal. I kinda thought writing all that was for nothing. Thank you for you help.
    Anonymous

• I've seen this kind of story on the local news. Sometimes a tv journalist could have access to info and might help to push things along by the simple threat of going very public. Of course that's risky because your whole personal life could be exposed. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• How old is the child? That would make a difference to me in how pushy I get...if the child is say under 14 or so, i'd be calling the police. Over that age, I think the child could understand the manipulation thats going on...and would have a say in where she wants to be maybe?
    teacupperz

Answer by teacupperz at 7:14 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• The hild is six. We tried the police once and all they did was call children services, which is what we already did.
    Anonymous