how old was your little one when they said thie first word and what was it?

my son is 7 months old and he babbles ALLL day long but he just started saying mooooommm and ma ma and num num (when he eats) it's so funny. but I don't think he realy knows what is is saying I think he is just repeating how old was your little one when they talked ans what was the word? did they know what they were saying?

knepppi

Asked by knepppi at 4:52 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At 3 months they started saying I good. My grandma kept saying to them over and over.
    Anonymous

• 5 months she said dada........ :D
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 4:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• He was just under 3 months when he said "want milk" which was his first word/sentence. I was pretty gobsmacked so I said "what did you just say?" and he repeated himself. I said "OK then" and he put his arms up and started doing that lip smacking thing. He definitely knew what he was saying! He was a very early talker though, way ahead of the curve on that front.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 4:59 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• My daughters first word was "gentle" because I always said "be gentle"....I think she was 9 months.
    Anonymous

• to the 1st poster...babies usually say ah goo at that age,which sounds like i good,but isnt. i had a million of ppl saying that to my dd trying to get her to say i good(ah goo) but it even says in baby books thats all it is,not really saying i good
    Anonymous

• I swear my daughter's first "word" (though not a word) was blowing. My mom has windchimes and she would point and blow and next thing know my daughter is doing it to. One day I had her on the changing table and she pointed to one and blew and I couldn't figure it out at first but when I realized, it occured to me that it was technically her first word. :) I don't recall the age. She said dada and mama and ish (fish) and itz (fritz our dog) fairly early. The first word I remember her clearly saying without being asked was "marble" our neighbors dog. She ran across the street and my daughter said it. I was shocked! What a waste of a first word, calling the *neighbor*s dog :)
    Anonymous

• my son said dada at 7 months and then nothing again til 12 months old and it was STIR STIR cause he likes to cook with his dad.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:42 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• my daughter was 6 months old when she said "dad" she totally bypassed "dada" and said "dad" one day when she was sitting in her bouncy chair and he walked by.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 8:37 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Both of kids said "kitty" around 10 1/2 months. They aren't early talkers by any means. Sorry, but unless I see it I can't believe a 3 month old spoke a word/sentance. :)
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 8:50 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• His first word was Mama at 6 months, I was so proud. But I think he really meant boob! Because I stopped breastfeeding at 11 months and he stopped saying it! LOL
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:49 PM on Jul. 16, 2009