physicians assistant

Is anyone a PA? I'll graduate with my BS in nutritional science in December. I had planned on going to grad school and becoming a renal dietitan. Recently I thought about becoming a PA instead. To be quite honest I have no idea what the requirements for a PA are. I know a few of the girls who graduated from my program last year are at some point going to PA school, but I dont know the steps required or even what schools offer the program. I assume there is also an internship involved? What program did you go through? What was it like? How long did it take? Do you enjoy being a PA?

Chandra034

Asked by Chandra034 at 4:58 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• You should consider becoming a diabetes educator. The way obesity and diabetes are increasing in the US, you should have no problem finding work

Answer by rkoloms at 5:00 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I have thought about it. I live in OK and everyone has diabetes here. Diabetes isn't something that I enjoy working with though. However, if I do decided to become a dietitian I'm sure I will get my CDE, like I said everyone has diabetes here. =)
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 5:04 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• a PA is as close to a Dr. as you are going to get. you will rotate with Dr.'s at the hospital, with 24 and 36 hour shifts. You will have to have malpractice insurance and a license to prescribe medication, you will be on call just like a Dr. Just not paid like one.
    you can expect 6-7 years total in college
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:52 AM on Jul. 17, 2009