Family Guy

Who think its ok to let your child watch this show? My son told me today about how he knew how Stewie learned how to swim, and how he sunk to the bottom and found a band-aid... His father must have thought it was ok... NOT ME!!

danichaos

Asked by danichaos at 5:03 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Entertainment

• I watch it but I will NOT let my kids.
    penguinqueengi

Answer by penguinqueengi at 5:05 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I don't let my kids watch this show. I think that there is something inherently wrong with a show that must be beeped SO often (being a cartoon no less) and most of the beeping is done for the speech of the baby. Something very wrong and creepy. Nope....not playing on the TV here.

lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 5:09 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• i loved that show....but they show too much for a child to see. I know they are just cartoons but they show the mom and dad in bed together...naked!!! So i had to stop watching it. I used to watch it when my kids were 1 and 3yrs old, thinking it wouldn't affect them at young age but i was wrong ...ughhh. My daughter told me something was "sexy" one day. I know she got it from the show, so i stoped letting her watch it with me. btw, she used the word in the wrong context...so no big deal then. But she is 5 now ....so its out of the question..lol.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 5:10 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• i seriously hate this show! my SIL lets my 2.5 year old neice watch it.. it is discusting! she qalks around quoting the show and misusing the words.. its terrible! its fine for adults but when a 3 year old walks around using language like that, and the parents think its cute that she can mimick a tv show.. its sad.. and poor parenting on my part....
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 6:19 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• **** poor parenting in my opinion
    2cuteboysrmine

• I watch it. But its not for kids at all.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:10 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I don't let the kids watch it buy my husband has. It comes on at like 6:30pm here. Most of those episodes are tame so they've seen a few. But my kids grew up watching The Simpsons and King of the Hill (which have no objections to) so it's not a huge shock to their systems.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:27 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• This show is disgusting. I won't watch it, and in my opinion, anyone who lets their kids watch it are either completely ignorant as to the content of the show, or completely irresponsible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Yeah, I watch it. It's not meant for children hence why it's on ADULT Swim and not Noggin. The episodes that do play during prime time hours are the older tamer episodes.

I was watching Hannah Montana the other day, and I think Disney is putting a little too much emphasis on the wrong thing there...
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 11:40 AM on Jul. 17, 2009

• We watch it every day. The kids love it. We have a few seasons on DVD, so when there is nothing else on they will watch it at random times too. But mostly in the evening. I see nothing wrong with it. I love it, SO FUNNY! One of the local channels plays two hours of Simpsons & Family Guy every night, so it's usually on...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:19 PM on Jul. 17, 2009