Can someone answer this question

I am seriously trying to find the number of Canadians who came to the US for Healthcare Services in 2008 VS. the number of Americans who crossed the border and went to Canada for Healthcare services?
:oP
Thanks...

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 5:03 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Why on earth would the Canadians come HERE for healthcare?? They have free healthcare there. Hmm...... I wish I could help you. Try to Google "Health and Human Services Statistics".
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 5:10 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Thanks-Brandyi, I'm a Canandian, and this health care in the US is god awful- and the reason I have it is b/c of a husband. But I would go back to Canada, were all are covered for the same. I think that is what Obama is trying to do with the US as in Canada. You see for yourself, seniors go on buses to cross the border to get their meds, which are so much cheaper.,After a operation, I had to take a med that cost over a 1,000.00 a month here. Things have to change here...somma
    Somma

Answer by Somma at 5:21 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I have no idea where you can find that information if it is even available.  Since Americans coming to Canada would be using our system illegally there probably won't be any accurate numbers. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:28 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Why would they take a bus across the border when they can do it by phone / fax/ internet? For the meds that is.

And yes, you will find a lot of Canadians come to the US for medical treatments that they are waiting for in Canada. It can mean the difference between life and death, and apparently the Canadian government doesn't care if you are sick and die, you have to wait your turn.

Anonymous

• Look there is a day to be born and a day to die. Where you are in the US, Canada or on the moon we are all going to die.
    Anonymous

• I don't know my mother & sister live in Canada .They don't have any complaints about their health care or the wait time to see doctor.

And I know many patients who are going to Europe to have surgeries ,dental work ,fertility treatments,weight loss surgeries.

My friend is general surgeon in Eastern Europe ,he is doing weight -loss surgeries ,he is a busy men.He has patients from many places.

Anonymous