Please help me I'm panicing. I had my first ultrasound today at 9 weeks and they couldn't see the baby.

Has this happened to anyone? I'm very upset because I saw my first child at 6 weeks. The nurse was very rude and said there wasn't anything she could do and basically walked out of the room. They told me they would send the results to my doctor and I would hear something by Monday. I took a pregnancy test it said positive. I KNOW I'm 9 weeks pregnant my period is like clockwork. I also had blood work done to see what my HCG levels were. They also said they wouldn't know anything until monday....

luvsgriffin

Asked by luvsgriffin at 5:11 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• This happened to me. By my last period i should have been around 8 or 9 weeks. all the Ultrasound tech saw was the sac. It turns out that I was earlier than what they thought... the dates are all screwed up im not even sure how I knew i was pregnant haha, but you may just be earlier than you thought
    Anonymous

• you may not be nine weeks...you may only be 4....i went in and had an ultrasound at 8 weeks because thats what my lmp indicated....well i had the ultrasound down and i was 12 weeks
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 5:14 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Sorry sweetie I don't know what to tell you except that if you pray, then pray. Try and calm down and relax...I know it's going to be hard. Maybe the nurse was not looking in the right spot. My baby was hiding up high so it took a lil bit for the dr to find the baby. Happy thoughts are coming your way though.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 5:15 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• when i had first ultra sound the nurse/tech told me the heartbeat was extremely weak
    i too freaked
    and i had to wait
    to see a specialist in fetal hearts
    turned out baby was younger than first thought
    she was and is fine today at almost two

some health care people forget what they are saying a mom to be

worrying shows you are already a great mom

hope and pray you get great news soon
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 5:24 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I am sure everything is fine. Did they do an internal ultarsound? sometimes even later on pregnancy it is hard to find the baby through an external ultrasound.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 5:41 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I'm sorry. It sounds like an anembryonic pregnancy or you're not as far along as you thought. I hope all turns out well
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 5:46 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• It could be a chemical pregnancy, it would give you symptoms of pregnancy a positive pregnancy test, could even make you start "showing" its called Hysterical pregnancy-google it. with all that said,I do hope its not that, and everything is fine. Also, you could have miscarried early on, and still have trace amounts of HCG in your system.

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 5:53 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• With a Chemical Pregnancy, you don't even make it past 4 weeks or so. It sounds like an Anembryonic Pregnancy, though I would keep going in and getting checked because sometimes they do make mistakes. I have a group for APs here, http://www.cafemom.com/group/11055 and there are lots of stories posted and you can get some support there. <3
    jemm

Answer by jemm at 6:28 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• That is what happened with my first pregnancy a year aog. I went in for an ultra sound not knowing at all how far along I was and they said that there was a sac, but no baby. They told me I had miscarried earlier on in the pregnancy. I really hope that is not the case as that was very devastating. Good luck to you. I hope everything is all right.
    Shany_leigh

Answer by Shany_leigh at 6:44 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Did they see a yolk sac? My first pregnancy was called a blighted ovum, where the yolk sac develops and the baby doesn't. Not to scare you or anything, but this is almost what I went through. I hope that you HCG test comes back good, are you going for follow up HCG test to see if levels go up?
    jennifer_a_gray

Answer by jennifer_a_gray at 9:07 PM on Jul. 16, 2009