City program to help teens find jobs

I live in a city that is liberal to the point where people are stuck in a time wharp. You'd think the '60's never ended here. There is a program for everyone who just doesn't think they should pay for goods or services, and, even in this foul economy, a city program to help teenagers find jobs. WHAT THE HECK?! I have a 28 year old reservist friend whose rejoined the reserves as he hasn't found a job since his small business went belly up. How about helping this man whose been deployed to the Middle East twice?! I have a 40+ year old friend who was just let go by a sneaky mean * of a boss who let her go DURING LEAVE FOR CANCER SURGERY. How about a city program to find this lady a new job?! What the heck is it with today's teenagers and their parents who think they're too good to apply for fast food, amusement park, cashier at the supermarket employment ?! They're entitled to CUSHY CITY JOBS FOR THE SUMMER?! Feh...

mimismom436

Asked by mimismom436 at 5:17 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree with you. You should get a group of like minded people and petition your city/state to change thier skewed views. Anyone with common sense would agree with you.
    Anonymous

• Or perhaps you should organize a group of adults to go to the city to find out which program will find employment for adults. That would be interesting.

Anonymous