can you get PPD after a miscarriage?

My son is 12 months old, I was depressed for awhile because of marital problems and then things started to look up and I pretty much snapped out of it. Then I got pregnant again and ended up with a miscarriage and now I am having some PPD feelings, or maybe it could be something else. But I get really emotional (wanting to cry), irritable, feeling guilty, tired, stressed etc. I noticed that I have these moods swings but they aren't PMS because my period doesn't start until like 3 weeks later or so. Could it be PPD or something else?

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 5:27 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Health

• You lost a baby. Its ok to grieve. I lost our second baby. I cried and went threw mood swings and all that for a few months. Then when the due date came up I went threw it all over again. Talk to your doctor about getting something if you need it. I did because I was so upset about it. If you need to talk you can message me. =D Good luck and remember, its ok to cry.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 5:34 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• it is very possible to get depressed after a misscarriage, i dont know if they would call it ppd but i myself got very depressed after all my miscarriages
    Kiki_pie

Answer by Kiki_pie at 10:34 AM on Jul. 17, 2009