Is it ok to have a babyshower for your 2nd baby?

Alot of people keep telling me that you cant have a babyshower for a 2nd baby. I have a 15 month old little girl and im having another girl. I got rid of alot of baby stuff cause i thought i wasnt gonna get pregnant again for a long time and i need more bottles, clothes, and everything. So is it ok? Oh i know this aint part of the question but im naming the new baby Breeona when its really spelled Breahna, does the way i wanna spell it ok?

CandyMama231

Asked by CandyMama231 at 5:35 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I didnt know you werent supposed to have another baby shower. I figure new baby new shower lol. Id say do it
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 5:37 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• yeah i had 2 baby showers for both my babies
    Anonymous

• I don't know if it's supposed to be ok, but I'm having #3 in Oct, and I'm having 2! (My friend is throwing one for everyone, and my SIL is throwing one for the ladies at church)
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 5:40 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I don't know why you can't. It's still nice to get diapers and clothing especially if it's another sex. I was a little offended when a friend had a second baby shower and asked for another bouncer when I had gotten a fairly nice one for her first shower and they weren't that far apart. But I had no problems getting clothing and diapers, wipes, gift cards types things for her.
    Anonymous

• I did only because my first 2 kids were 9 yrs apart. I didn't for #3 (15 month difference), and won't for #4 either (21 month difference).
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 5:47 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I see no problem with it.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 5:48 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• i would but probably only if I was having a girl next time, since Im having a boy...just so I can get girl stuff I guess...
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 6:05 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I was told no shower for the second by my family and my friends pulled through and did one. I have had a shower for all 3 of my boys. They need to be celebrated no matter what number they are. I feel a shower is for the baby to be celebrated and the fact that you will be a mom again. I think its stupid when people say no shower because its baby number whatever after 1
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 6:22 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• i don't think i would have a baby shower for #2, because i think you should save baby gear & be able to buy your own clothes & whatnot. I would, however, definitely have a welcome to the world party for my second, because i do agree that all babies should be celebrated.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 6:30 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• thats greedy
    Anonymous