Is it normal?

Ok when i first got pregnant i weighed 140 (im 5'4) then when i was 6 wks i got the "ever so wonderful" morning sickness and dropped down to 130-132 and i weighed that till i was 12 weeks and at my first appointment i weighed 134-136... i stayed at 134 up until the last 2 months and i was weighing 138-140 then i weighed myself the other day and i weighed 150. The next day i weighed myself and i weighed 147. My weight has fluctuated on a daily basis on 3lb intervals... is this normal..! im 7months and know i should be gaining weight gradually but im all over the place! this is my first pregnancy so you can get an odea of how i feel as a first time mom lol I just wanted to know if anyone else went through this. I will definitly ask my doctor at my next appointment but, just curious! I never got told how much i should gain so err, im not sure what to expect or do!! HELP PLEASE!!!

ChriSsGirl55

Asked by ChriSsGirl55 at 5:40 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it is normal, are you weighing yourself first thing in the morning, after using the restroom of course. Your weight will change though out the day. I lost 25lbs during my pregnancy and never gained any. As long as your dr isn't concerned with your weight, i'd say don't worry about it. As for normal weight gain its 15-25lbs, but not all people gain weight. its normal
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 5:49 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• normal weight gain if ur
    overweight pr pregnancy is 15-25
    underweight is 25-40
    average 25-35

Anonymous

• Well I have somewhat the same problem of u. A few months before I got pregnant I gained thirty lbs out of no where and I have no idea why. I went to the dr thinking i was pg and I wasnt. Then finally I was, but still the gained weight was unexplained. I am not 6 months pg and every month I go in for my obgyn apts and they weigh me. The whole pregnany now I have only gained seven lbs. But everytime I go in I have either gained three pounds or lost them again. So I would say that every pregnancy is different and as long as the baby is fine, then i would not worry about it
    Shany_leigh

Answer by Shany_leigh at 6:37 PM on Jul. 16, 2009