• In the Spotlight:

What are some fun and inexpensive dates you can go on with your hubby...with and without the kids? (Can I quote your answer in an article?)

writermama2

Asked by writermama2 at 5:47 PM on Jul. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• We like to pack a picnic lunch and go to the park. We get to spent time together while the kids play. Sometimes we order from a restuarnt that has a to go menu and pick it up have a quiet dinner and watch movies at home onces the kids are in bed. yes you can qoute me.
    penguinqueengi

Answer by penguinqueengi at 5:51 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Thank you!
    writermama2

Answer by writermama2 at 5:57 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I love to grab a pizza, go to the park, and feed the ducks/watch the kids play. It only costs the pizza and the bread.

If you can pull off a sitter, I love to go watch people sing Kareoke (sp) All the cost is a couple of drinks, and usually its pretty entertaining.

quote if you want!
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 5:57 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Miniature Golf - A lot of fun for the family or if you want to do something fun on a date.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 6:00 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• free ideas -

family picnics @ the park (FREE + COST OF FOOD), movie night @ home after the kids bedtime;) (FREE + COST OF MOVIE & REFRESHMENTS), go see a local live band play (FREE + DRINKS),

not too expensive -

bowling, skating, swimming, mini golf, zoo, aquarium, museum, & of course out to eat @ a fav restaurant, etc...

yes you can quote me.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 6:02 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Every wednesday is our date night, we think of a new reasonable restaurant to try out, that is our time to catch up on what's going on for the week and how each one of us are doing. It has helped our relationship to be able to have that time together.
    lily7

Answer by lily7 at 6:10 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• My parents live on an acrege just out of our hometown. When we want a cheap, easy getaway, we go out there (with their permission of coarse). They have a sauna tub,( for two!), a swimming pool, a bonfire pit, and plan to get a hot tub (yeah!). Sometimes we take our kids, sometimes they take our kids (usually camping) with them for fun. We always clean up after ourselves, but it's a nice quiet getaway.

sure, quote.
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 6:19 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• we have game night every once in a while after the kids go to bed. it fun because we're both competitive and have to play until we beat eachother! yes you can quote me.
    jeana

Answer by jeana at 6:53 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I signed up with a few secret shopping sites and pick-up restaurant shops. Not only do we get reimbursed for the meal, I get a little extra to spend on me! I get paid to go on dates with my husband!!!
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 7:06 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• FOr me inexpensive is renting a movie, which is like $3 and making a romantic dinner at home. Now that's cheap and romantic and leave kids with a free babysitter, grandma!! U can quote me :)

Without the kids: There are lots of aquariums that have a day of the month for free!! Where i live in Southern Cali they do and we get to see sharks and have a good time for FREE.
    ilovemel

Answer by ilovemel at 12:38 AM on Jul. 17, 2009